Monday, January 25, 2010

The Weekend Report

A long weekend it was indeed as I took Friday off from work. We planned on taking Cameron to the Orlando Science Center but he elected to stay up all night and was too tired to go, LOL. So Maggie and I went to see "Legion", it was OK but I could have waited for the DVD. Ended up going to the OSC on Saturday and had a good time running around there for a while.

On the poker front things got a bit exciting a few times. I don't have all the raw data in front of me but we had a few highlights. On Friday night I took 2nd in a $13 turbo MTT on Bodog ($424) which pretty much overcame everything else. Was still a good night of play but not much else happened. I entered the mini-UBOC $13 bounty MTT but didn't get anywhere.

On Saturday we had an "almost" with a 12th in the $10K Gtd, which is a $27.50 MTT on UB. I ended up taking home about $140 but it really could have been a lot more. I got a couple breaks in that thing but ran out of them in the end.

The other item of note for Saturday was that I played the Step 2 ticket on Stars that I had bought with my FPPs, as Jen suggested/tricked me into doing. I won that, earning a Step 3 Ticket ($82 value). Since I really can't do anything with that I had to play it... so I won the Step 4 ticket ($215). Thing is the only way I can use that is to play a MTT with a $215 buy-in... like the Sunday Million. Soooooo.... looks like I'll be taking a shot! So much for being a bankroll nit... thanks Jen, you evil woman.

On to Sunday where I played the mini-UBOC $22 MTT and ended up getting fairly deep. I was a top-ten stack for a good while but then I ran AQ into AK and ended up 98th out of about 1400 players, good only for a cash of about $40 or so. Still, it took a while to play it (maybe 4-5 hours?) and it was a good experience for playing a deeper, slower structure.

The highlight of the weekend was the $33 turbo on FTP, which I played along side the $22 game. I was a non-factor for the first hour of this thing and really I didn't have much going on at all. With about 100 left I was forced to call an all-in from the SB with J5d just because I was already so short that I was getting better than 2:1 to call... then the BB joined in! Up against 88 and 33 I spiked a J on the river to take the pot.

At that point I got hit by the deck for about 15 minutes and was a top ten stack, then later was chipleader with 18 left (36 paid). We got down to four players and that is where things just didn't end up going my way and had to take 4th place out of about 380+ runners. I would have loved to win but my reward was $1068, easily my best cash ever! First would have been around $2900 but I really can't complain about finally taking down a 4-figure score.

To be honest, the competitor in me was pissed off that I didn't win... I actually got up and went outside with the idea of punching the tree in the front yard. Then I looked at the tree, figured I'd lose, and went back inside. MDFR! No need to fight a battle I can't win... well, without a chainsaw or something. Anyway, it wasn't the tree's fault. Once it all settled in I was able to enjoy the score... until the Vikings lost. LOL... can't they hold on the the fucking ball?? Dammit! They are gonna be worse than the Cubs.

All in all a fun weekend for sure. Back to it tonight, not sure what I'll play yet but I'm leaning toward some SNGs on UB right now. We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. I presume that is your first 4 digit take down of the year. Good job!!! Hope it continues into a 5 digit soon.

    Towards the ticket thing on stars "So much for being a bankroll nit... thanks Jen, you evil woman." Although it cost you a few fpp's, a trip to the Sunday million isn't a bad return on the fpp's. Wait to thank Jen after you win it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one way to look at it... I just don't look at it that way. How I see it, FPPs are a volume reward, thus its like a "bonus".

    In this case my 1000 FPPs equaled the Step 2 ticket value of $27 (good deal). I then "spent" $27 to play the ticket, which I turned into $82 (a Step 3). I had to play the ticket, but to me its like buying in for $82 (which I can do BR-wise, but its getting closer). I then won the Step 4, which is "$215".

    However I now have to play the ticket to use it, which is like spending $215 on a buy-in for a MTT waaaaaaay out of my roll. Yes, I know I didn't really "spend" my own money and to be honest I like my chances... but its still not something I would be playing unless I had to.

    I am looking forward to it though and no I'm not intimidated by the buy-in amount. I'll be ready, so if any of your guys are gonna play, stay out of my way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be afraid of the buy in either. And I know you are stuck with it. But was just pointing out since you are stuck with it, have fun and make some money.
    Only way I get to play it is if I satty into it. So no worries about me knocking you out of it :))

    Let me know what which Sunday you are going to use it. I will pop in and check out the progress and see how you pro's do it.

    ReplyDelete