Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Weekend Report 1/10/10

Not too shabby overall. I came back and posted a profit for the week (though small) and had a few close calls for some big wins on Stars. I mixed in a few 180s and took a 3rd for $235.62 and also another 6th for $99 there. Later that night I had a deep run in the $27.50 turbo on Stars but ended up in 13th for $265.50 instead. Not bad for a 1000+ player tourney. I at least have a new career high cash on Stars again, yay. I also had another 13th but in the $22 turbo on Full Tilt, was a smaller game with about 400 runners but took $74 or so in that.

The biggest heartbreak was probably on Cake in the $33 bounty, where I was a top ten stack with 62 left (60 paid) and I got JJ in the big blind. A shorter stack limped, then another big stack (who barely had me covered) made a solid raise in late position. I wanted to vomit. I knew that I was ahead of his range, plus I did have enough chips to make him fold some of the hands he might try to raise with but my gut just didn't like it. However, I knew I had to shove JJ here, otherwise what am I doing playing in these things?

Soooo... I shoved, he called with QQ. I flopped a J but it was all hearts (he had the Qh) and the turn was another heart. I missed my boat/quads draw and busted. I did get four bounties for $10 each so I still came out ahead, but if I hold with that set I'd have been chip leader in that thing. Oh well, maybe another day I'll have AK of hearts instead.

Today I didn't play some many HUSTs but I was up in them overall. I decided to try the 90-man turbo knockout SNGs they have on there and took a 6th and a 9th (they pay top 9) out of ten games. They give you 3000 chips to start so they do take a little more time than the Stars 45s/180s do to get to push-fold but they were fun anyway.

OK, tomorrow is going to be an off day since my friend Marc is having a friendly home game that evening. I always enjoy going over there as all the players are good fun people to sit down with to play a little holdem with. That will make Wednesday a play day for my SNGs on UB while I'll play on Stars Tuesday and Thursday, probably Friday also. We'll see how the week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment