Friday, January 8, 2010

Thursday Update

Ugh.

As a few of you know when I run bad, its ugly. That was the case on Stars yesterday. I know... whats new. I tend to run horrible on Stars. I cashed once out of 18 games, a 7th in a 180-man for $69 or so. As is typical, I shoved 22 and found 99 had called me. The flop had blanks, then I hit a 2 on the turn! Yay! But in grand Rycky style a 9 fell on the river.

Of course I lost nearly every race (I usually had the pair). In fact I couldn't win with a pair for my life. Queens might as well been 72o since the Ace (or even the King) would pair up for my opponent every time. I got aces once... lost to 88 on the bubble (yeah, he rivered me). Brutal.

But I came out of it happy. Yes, sounds weird, but I played really well. I got my chips in good (and so often) it was sickening. I just couldn't win the hands. I've been saying I need to make a few more calls in certain situations and I was able to do it... and I was right in getting them in ahead almost every time.

Of course, over 18 games it can't be all bad. I trusted a few reads on some river calls and got paid off. I was aggressive on the bubble of several games and got a few loose calls by worse hands. I was patient when I was short-stacked and waited for my spots. I even emailed a couple hands to Jen for her to check out and I came back A-OK on them (which really helped my confidence this morning). As long as I can keep the discipline I'm sure that I'll find a shade of luck on occasion.

Anyway, I was down slightly in the HUSTs and down about $150 more in the Stars session so it caused my BR to drop under $5000 now. That hurts but I've been through the swings before... just not so quickly. The increased volume of games will certainly do it and my perception of the ups and downs has to change as well. I'll get use to it... its only been a week!

This morning the HUSTs went fairly well as I was up in the 14.50s more than I was down in the 7.25s this time. I still have a little more to play to finish off the set. Tonight I'll tackle Stars again since I simply refuse to let the doom-switch keep me down... I'll break that bitch yet. I just hope I do it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment