Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rethinking My Plan Again

The biggest worries I had when I made my plan were these. First was time. I solved that by pretty much just letting myself play without so much structure and its worked out well.

The second concern I had was the HUSTs. Not the actual game play itself, I'm really comfy playing them and I have pretty much all the ranges I need memorized so I can take time to observe any tendencies my opponents may have and adjust. This month as gone OK since I've gotten to this point so its not results I've been worried about... its the grind.

I knew it was a simple game to play but man, it takes too high of a percentage of my time. The payout is nice, I sure generate a good chunk of it and if I actually played more hours per week (like a pro would) then I don't think I'd notice. But right now I feel its taking away too much time that I could be playing other things.

I'm not sure we could call it "boredom". But the game is pretty bland when you play over 100 a night, every night. I like the fact that it is a simple way to make Iron Man on FTP, but I'm really wondering if its worth the time investment in them. If I were playing 50+ hours a week like a "pro" probably would then yeah, I can see it as a small part of the overall plan. But as it stands now I think running as many as I do now just isn't optimal for my time.

What I think I'll do is finish out the month at my current pace. In March, I'll cut back on the HUST play, maybe just enough to qualify for the lowest level of Iron Man (Bronze). Even on the mornings I don't really have "time" I'll have time to do that and if I don't it still won't be a big deal in the evening.

I think this will open up my evenings to be able to get an extra set of SNGs or 180s in on the nights I play. I'll have time for dinner, a walk, homework help, and whatever else I might have to do. Plus the "normal" games are a bit more fun to play. My cashouts might go down a little but I think the bottom line will be better too... and maybe that's more important anyway.

Speaking of normal games, I did get in 12 SNGs on UB last night and came out OK... had a win, three seconds, and two thirds. I thought I made the weekly TLB last week but it ends up I finished 21st by exactly .01 points.... are you kidding me? How did the rounding work out in the math to do that? Uuuughhhhh! LOL

Tonight I'm looking at a session on Stars for the 180s and 45s, I've already played half of the HUSTs set so I should be able to get in a good amount of games in.... which is the idea. I gotta win a 180-man soon... I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment