Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Big Weekend Report, End of March 2010 Edition

As I hoped I was able to play quite a bit this weekend and things came out fairly well. All in all I played in 74 events, including all of the small majors on Sunday. Those didn't go too well except for a min-cash in the $11 bounty on Cake. One day I'll make a run in one of these... just don't know when.

I did have a couple "almosts" as it were. On Saturday I took second in a $27.50 MTT on UB for $412 and on Sunday I was second in the 4:50pm $5.50 turbo on FTP for $677 or so. That last one was a bit heartbreaking as I fought from being 9th at the final table all the way to about eliminating my opponent heads-up, but he sucked out on my 3 straight times to come back and win. Considering that I could have been knocked out well before that point myself I can't be too upset though.

I had a couple other spots come close, took 5th in a 6.60 bounty on UB for about $200 and a number of other cashes as well. I ended up placing 18th in the weekly SNG TLB on UB also, that was worth $20 for me. Overall I think I put in close to 24 total hours in over the two days... was fun times.

In other news, on Friday night we actually won once at jai-alai so not all the money I brought with me got thrown into that gasoline fire. Monday I took the family to a place in Orlando called The Fun Spot, which is really just a carnival thing that took up a permanent address. Their big selling point are the four multi-level go-cart tracks. Cameron enjoyed himself though and that's what counts.

Tonight and tomorrow night I will be hitting Stars heavy as I want to make Silver Star. I'll probably concentrate on the 45-man turbos but I'm sure I'll add a few 180-mans because I like them. I think I need about 43 total games over the two nights and I should be able to do it without any trouble. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment