Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fun With Aces

I played a couple friendlies over at Marc's place last night and experienced both the highs and the lows of holding pocket aces. Here is how each hand went down.

In the first game with blinds sitting at 75/150, I sat on the button with AA when Phillip raised from the hijack. The stack sizes were absolutely perfect to flat call in this spot, so I did. To my surprise, Bob in the SB then shoved all-in! Things couldn't be better! Phillip wisely folded and I ended up facing Bob's KK. Naturally he hit the K on the turn and knocked me out. Ooof. I harassed Bob with fake threats and curses for the reminder of the evening, LOL.

To the second game. I was faring much better as I was the chip leader with only three of us left. Since we only pay out two spots I was in a favorable position. Marc was to my left and quite short in third... I would rather have him in second so I can beat the hell out of his big blind, but we can't be picky.

So, on the button I push an Ace-rag hand. Marc then says, "I'm looking for one of two hands here", looks at his cards and quickly says "call". Robin folds and my hand loses to Marc's pocket kings. Since he was so short to begin with Marc is stayed in third and I have still Robin covered by about 2000 chips.

The very next hand Marc looks at his hand on the button and tanks. Lamenting on how close he thinks it is, he finally elects to go all-in on my big blind. Robin then goes all-in also! Whhhhhhaaaaat? Knowing her I figured he has to be hugegantic there so I naturally pick up Marc's line and say "I'm looking for one of two hands here" and peek at my cards.

"Holy shit, I call!"

I flip over aces and hold against Marc's KJo and Robin's tens to win. Easy game.

No comments:

Post a Comment