Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Weekend In The Books

Was a fun weekend by any standard, and even a little profitable as well. We'll run down the highlights of the weekend past here and then we'll get into what the future could bring.

Friday night was jai-alai night with my friend Marc, my wife Maggie and my son Cameron. Other than Marc's win I simply burned money (as predicted) but its always fun yelling at the players and what-not. Good times. We'll go again this Friday, true degenerates we are. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with Vincent, another one of Jen's student/friends.

I did manage to play some SNGs on Friday night and about broke even. I did improve to 15th on the weekly TLB with my efforts so it was worth the time. More on the TLB thingy later.

Saturday morning the clan went to go see Alice In Wonderland (in 3D of course) and I came away satisfied. Is it the best movie ever? No. Was it worth seeing in the theater? Yes it was. I thought they did a good job with casting all the parts and voices... it all worked for me.

The rest of my Saturday was poker. I mixed in more SNGs with the other MTTs I wanted to play and got a nice bit of volume in. While I didn't make a killing with the SNGs I did manage to creep up to 8th in the TLB. That was good for a $50 prize. As far as my MTTs went I had a few "almosts", a 3rd in a $11 super-turbo on Bodog, another 3rd in a $13 turbo there, and also took 4th out of about 400 runners in the $2 turbo rebuy on Full Tilt. I had a couple of other cashes here and there, including a 31st in a $27.50 MTT on UB. Overall I came out ahead... not by a huge margin but its in the correct direction.

Sunday was some more poker but I kept it fairly small. I cashed a couple times here and there but nothing big. I played in the mFTOPS Turbo Warmup and bubbled and also bubbled another MTT on Bodog. I was gonna play some SNGs on UB but too many regulars/grinders were out and I saw no need to fight them for anything. Having two of them in a game is not a big deal but four of even five? Why? I'll wait for the donks to play.

Tonight is an off night assuming I get to play in a home game, if not I'll try some SNGs on UB again. I'm hoping my new book shows up in the mail though and if it does I'll be making time for that this week so my volume could take a hit. However, this weekend will be quite busy with the poker with a few freeroll events I'm qualified for and a mFTOPS event on Sunday. Could be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment