Monday, March 22, 2010

Reversal Of Fortune

I haven't played all that much in the last couple of weeks but when I have its been brutal. Standard variance, yada yada. I know it happens. Times like this can wear on you if you aren't careful and everyone feels it in some regard. Taking some time to do some reading probably was a good idea considering how I'd been running lately so I'm glad the timing of it worked out that way. Still, I was eager to get a full slate of games in this weekend.

I had a couple of freerolls to play from the rakeback site so I started around 2:30 on Staurday. Got in plenty of games and just concentrated on playing well as always. As it turns out, I was able to get few things to go my way and I ended up hitting a huge score by winning a $22 turbo MTT on Full Tilt for $2030! My big hands were holding, I was winning the races and when I did lose a hand it didn't cripple me. I was so excited about winning that my hands started shaking, LOL!

I had other games going so I recovered my senses quickly. I ran well in a few others and such but nothing huge happened until Sunday, where I took 6th in another rakeback site freeroll for $270 there. I feel like I stole about $160 of that since I lost a big hand early at the final table, dropping to 9th. However I folded my way around and three players got knocked out before I did... pretty fortunate for me!

Now my bankroll is at an all-time high but I still have a long way to go before hitting some of my goals. Tonight is the fun home game and I'll get in a set of SNGs on UB on Tuesday (I haven't played those in about two weeks, I'm behind). Wednesday I'll do some more reading and then play the rest of the week. Well, except for Friday night... damn jai-alai has me by the balls. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment