Thursday, December 31, 2009

Change in The Plan

I've updated my Plan, you can see what I've changed in the first post on this blog. I've decided to make the multi-table SNGs my main grind as opposed to the SNGs. As a few suggested to me, when it comes down to what matters the most is dollars per hour of profit, not so much how much I can cashout in a period of time.

With that in mind I'll be concentrating much more on the 45-man, 180-man, and "larger field" games. This also means I'll probably be trying to play more MTTs on Sundays since I do have more time than on a weekday night. This change will let me play a few smaller scheduled MTTs during the week like the Bodog 16.50T at 7:30. That's usually no larger than a 180-man SNG so I can play that easily.

You will notice I removed the cashout expectation section in the plan. I figured that section was really pointless, especially with the new structure. Some things just can't be plotted out from point to point. The main goal is to play to my planned volume and play it as best I can. From there we're gonna let the chips fall where they may. This strategy has worked for me up until now... why change it?

In the end, I guess I'm really only changing two things. First, I've decided to commit more of my time to poker and I've merely managed my available time to try and maximize my effort. This blog is the second. I'm putting myself out there for everyone to see with the idea of adding more accountability. This is for my own benefit of course. I hope you enjoy what I write but as most humans people tend to try a little harder to do what they say they are going to do when you tell the world what you are going to do... I'm guessing I'm no different.

Those two changes have me pretty excited. I think it'll be a lot of fun playing those games and I've also enjoyed writing this blog... maybe I'm a bit more outgoing than I thought. Well, behind a keyboard maybe. All I know is I can sure ramble on in this thing.

OK, good enough for now. Tonight I'll let everyone know how 2009 went, mostly so I have a place to put the info as my own data backup in the event my stuff goes kapooie or something. Just a warning, I sometimes go overboard with the stats and info so it might be a boring/tedious read. I'll try to keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment