Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On To June

May sucked overall. I was down more this month than any other month in my career. However, I'm not concerned. I understand the reasons why it happened so no panic will enter my mind.

The reasons? There are a couple. One, my volume was down so that gives me less opportunity to hit a big score. Two, I didn't play any single table SNGs again, those tend to flatten out the variance a bit. Three, since I'm playing all MTTs and larger-field games, large gaps between those nice scores can get pretty wide if you don't run well.

With all that in mind I understand how some online pros could start pulling their hair out when this goes on for a few weeks or months, espeically at the volume those guys might play. This is why having a cashout system makes it a bit easier to deal with. While those guys complain about not being able to pay for things if they don't hit a score, I could just keep plugging along. If I ever do play for a living I'm sure I could handle it... I think.

As I've said before, the only way to break out of a downswing is to keep playing. These next couple of months I'll be playing a good bit on Full Tilt so I can cash in on the mid-year Iron Man Bonus. It'll be tougher without the HUSTs but I should be able to pull it off. Assuming I make it I'll have a $300 or so bonus to clear in July... that'll mean a lotta poker for the next 60 days.

Seeing that my wife managed to convince me to book a short cruise for the end of October I'll need that extra money to pay for it. Naturally I was able to parlay this fact into the "need" to play that much more poker until then. Unlike May, where I had quite a few things impeding my play, this summer should now be wide open since I have a goal... and my wife knows it. Lets just hope I make something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment