Friday, June 4, 2010

Can I Start June Over, Please?

Wow, horrid start to June so far as I've managed to cash 1 of 24 games so far (not counting KOs). I think I might have played one hand that I regretted the line I took, other than that its just a case of the run bads/ugly variance. At least I hope so. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win with KK vs. QJ more often than not however.

I did win the main tournament at Gator's Wednesday night and actually got a couple decent breaks there. Perhaps I just have bad timing since I'd much rather get the breaks when playing for money. Eh, maybe I ask too much.

Still, its been fun playing a mix of 90-man turbo KOs and those Rush MTTs and SNGs. I've run awful in the Rush games ever since they started but eventually my hands are gonna hold often enough to win a few.

I also think the latest tweak to my game is going to eventually pay off big time. After talking about some game theory with Jen earlier this week I've become a bit more aggressive with my opening hand selection once antes come into play as well as picking spots to open raise as opposed to shoving certain hands with certain short-but-not-too-short stack sizes. I've seen a difference in how I've maintained/accumulated chips in these spots and I can just imagine how it might help if I actually win a hand at showdown once in a while.

We'll have a full weekend coming up to try to get this thing turned around. All I know is its a good thing I'm practice good bankroll management... no panic here. While I can't play ant $55 MTTs at the moment I've seen enough to know I can play them well. I just have to earn my way back into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment