Thursday, April 22, 2010

Catching Up

Wow, didn't realize it had been two weeks since I was here. I've been fairly busy with things like taxes, poker, homework and even the last weekend of jai-alai. Overall things have been good so don't fear the worse because of my absense here!

We'll skip anything about taxes except that I am getting a refund, yay. As far as jai-alai went we finally came out ahead, and by a good margin too! Maggie hit on a trifecta box bet and Marc and I also hit on a shared one. My friend and co-worker John came with us and he hit a couple bets as well. Good times.

OK, poker has been solid also. I've managed to grow the bankroll high enough that I've played my first $55 MTTs this past weekend, one of which I just missed cashing on, ugh. Anyway, I had a couple nice hits on Bodog with a win in the $11 Super Turbo at 2:30pm on week for about $150 and a win in the $13 turbo $2K GTD this past weekend that was worth $600. I also nabbed second in the $35 turbo there ($448) and also had some good cashes sprinkled around most of the other sites.

I've also tried to take time to review some of my games and see if I can't get a little better at taking advantage of leverage situations late in the 45 and 180-man games. I think the biggest adjustments I need to make is just learning with of the players are good regulars and how they would respond to different spots. Also, I feel ICM comes into play a little differently than I'm accustomed to since I'm really more tuned to a 9-player SNG. Speaking of those, I haven't played the first one of those games this whole month... I wonder if its time I left those behind.

OK, that should catch everything up. I'll see if I can't do a better job of keeping this updated now that I'm back on a more normal schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment