Friday, January 14, 2011

Mid-January Update

So far I've done a decent job at keeping my volume up. Both weekend sessions this year have been good, each with about 90 games and about $1200+ in buy-ins. The ABI is down a little but that is a result of my slightly stricter requirements and the fact my roll has been diving since November.

This past week has been solid in results. I came close on a number of events, taking second twice, third once, and a couple other final tables. I did win a 90-man turbo MTT on UB and have kept a strong pace toward my volume goals. The best thing about all of this is the fact that I'm still having fun, even with bad results and increased play. Then again, that has always been the case. I enjoy the challenges, whether its the players, the game, the downswings, or myself. I'm happy I don't have to fight myself very often, I have enough to fight with.

Speaking of fighting, I've been battling some sort of virus or what-not since Sunday night. I took Monday afternoon off from work and I just now left work Friday morning since I was feeling all stuffed up with shit. My voice partially left me beginning Wednesday night and hasn't come back yet, so no video recording for me right now. I'd just strain my voice even more trying to do that. I want to review my 90-man win and see how often I screwed up but I may need to wait until next Wednesday to do it.

As far as this weekend poker-wise, I think I'll try a couple of the mini-UBOC events. I think there is at least two I can play so I may give it a go. I'll play The Dime on UB and the $5000 GTD on Bodog like I have the past few weeks also. I was going to take Monday off and play a big Sunday schedule but Cameron is off next Friday from school and it happens to be his 14th birthday, I'll take that day off instead. I might have taken both days if I hadn't gotten sick... oh well.

I might still go to jai alai tonight, depends how much Maggie wants to go. We may skip out not because of me but more because no one else is going tonight. Might be a blessing in disguise considering my health. Tomorrow morning we'll all go see The Green Hornet though, then after we do lunch I'll sit down for my poker session. I may cut the Saturday portion short if I still feel icky but I'm hoping to make it through as usual. I might need to cut Sunday instead since I really like some of the late Saturday/early Sunday games.

I got a comment about my bankroll and such and I think I may do a post on that also. I don't think revealing my BR info is a big deal, it would be different if we were talking about personal finances and junk like that. My poker bankroll is outside of all that anyway, that is until poker comes to an end. Then the bankroll comes in much like a retirement fund or a severance package would... at least that's one way to look at it. If I feel better I may do that later today.

As for now, I feel a nap coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment