Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting Serious

I decided to take a little step forward with my poker "career" and make a concerted effort to play on a more consistant basis this year. I don't have any specific plan in mind this time since I want to keep my options open. I am hoping to play enough to at least qualify for bronze Iron Man on FTP, Silver Star on Poker Stars, and with some luck the third tier (COntender?) on UB.

At the least I'm going to put in solid sessions on weeknights, where I play about 3 hours each time. I'm also looking to play a full schedule on Saturday (at least 30 games) and also extending my Sunday afternoon play into the evenings more often. Hopefully by commiting more volume to poker will result in some good things happening soon.

How is it going so far? Well, my volume is good as I've played almost 100 games in these first three days of the year. So far so good! Too bad I'm still mired in the worst downswing I've ever had as this weekend was a brutal series of coolers and huge bad beats. With more volume comes the chance that this type of thing can happen more often, and I understand that. I just hoped it wouldn't hit me so hard the first weekend of the year, LOL.

I won't go into examples since its pointless to do so. Eventually it will come around and I'll run just as hot, hopefully in spots that I can take advantage of it in a big way. Because of my increased volume and more "serious" play, I've decided to put a "protected" bankroll plan into place where I'll require more BIs for the bigger games. This takes me out of a few of the $55 games but I think its for the best in the long run. Considering what has happened so far its a good idea I did. If I play well I'll be back in those games soon enough... its only been three days.

Tomorrow will be the first weeknight with my extra volume, maybe something good will happen. As long as I keep getting my chips in good (and so far my review of my play has shown I have) I'm just bound to hit something. I've done it before and I'll continue to believe I can do it again. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. It would be great to see an ongoing update of your Cashout System spreadsheet as things move forward to demonstrate how it works in reality, but that may be a little bit too personal I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have problem with people knowing where my bankroll is or how much profit/loss I've made during a set period. In a sense it would be another way of keeping me on course by opening reporting my progress. If I can figure out how to do screen shots and post them on here I just might do it.

    ReplyDelete