Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Goodbye, January

Wow, that was one rough month. I don't even know what to say that hasn't already been said. I can recycle some things but I'd rather not rehash all of that. We'll just move on from here. FTR, I was down $1700 for the month, which is by far the most I've even been down in a single month. I've only had a few down months (thank God) but this one was really a doosy.

One positive I can take from it all is that I did accomplish my basic volume goals. I am currently Bronze Iron Man, SilverStar, and Contender Status on FTP, Stars, and UB respectively. I did hope to get a little more in total buy-ins but considering the losses maybe I'm happy I didn't, LOL. Despite running as bad as I did I also managed to set a nre career-high cash on Stars with that 2nd place finish, so that's a good sign. One day I might run well heads-up.

As for February, same goals. I want to maintain the volume and keep making the best decisions I can. Eventually I have to start winning my share of flips and such... at least the math should say I would. Of course we can argue that each hand is really one unto itself, blah blah blah. I prefer to think that the powers that be owes me as it might just keep me sane.

I've done a few videos for Pokerology though and doing that has helped my mindset by giving me a little break from playing and seeing poker in a different way. Doing this also helps keep things in its proper place, either by working through a problem or just by seeing just how bad other people can play. Sure, they get rewarded at times but as long as I can still identify (correctly) what is right or wrong, well, hopefully I'll be able to continue to learn from it all. Maybe some small thing I pick up on could be the one thing that helps me break out of my downswing... it has to start somewhere.

In any event, I'll keep on keeping on as long as I don't go insane. Might help if I already was.

No comments:

Post a Comment