Monday, May 24, 2010

Breaking Even

As the title says I pretty much broke even over the weekend, ended up down about $30 technically. I had a couple of "almosts", the most notable of which was a 6th in a $44 turbo on Stars that was good for about $505 or so. Unfortuneately that was the bulk of my winnings.

I came close, even real close, to a few more deep runs in a few other games but I either couldn't win the race or found a monster and forgot to suck out. May has been a down month for sure, in fact it'll be my worst one ever unless a good bit of serious run-good comes my way in the next week or so.

Despite this, I'm still in a great frame of mind. I played well all month, in fact I've had very few "OMG WTF do I do here" moments and even those I felt I handled very well and with no regrets. Maybe I could have played a few hands here and there a bit differently if I were given the chance, sure. Overall I really don't have a ting to complain about (other than the fact that I'm losing).

Outside of poker, we went to see the latest Shrek flick, it was enjoyable at the least. A couple of good moments for sure, we enjoyed it. I've started up with the bowling league that my wife's company has each summer also. I hadn't bowled since the last one ended in August but I held up fairly well, rolling a 189, 173, and a 183 for the night. Better than expected.

Tonight its off to Marc's place for some social poker for money, then tomorrow I'll hit up Stars in order to clear the rest of a bonus and hopefully erase some of May's losses while I'm at it. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment