Monday, May 14, 2018

The Highlands course at Wildcat Golf Club

Since I played the Lakes course the week before I had to go back to play the Highlands. I played here on May 6th as I was too lazy to post last week for some reason. Anyway, to be brief, I was going along fairly well for about ten holes before the wheels came off. I ended up shooting 80, which isn't horrible, but I was 8-over on holes 11 thru 15, which ruined what could have been a really good day. I did have three birdies in those first ten holes, which was fun. As far as the back nine goes I'm not sure what happened. I just lost my rhythm or something, especially off the tee on the 12th and on from there. I did manage to par the last three holes but it still wasn't pretty... though I did hit a nice wedge into the 18th, that was a good way to finish.

Here are some pictures of the course, you'll get to see the stadiums in downtown Houston again. I won't caption them all as my memory isn't as good as it once was :

From the par-5 second tee.


I think this is the seventh. This hole is both cool-looking and stupid in a sense. Hitting 4-iron/5-iron into a par-4 is different though.

The seventh green is up there. You can see the ravine that forces you to take an iron off the tee.

Hello, Houston.

The par-3 eighth. I thought I hit a perfect 6-iron here and ended up in the trap. Damn wind.

From the fairway of the par-5 ninth. Confusing hole. I had to hit 5-wood off the tee and even that was almost too much.

The short par-3 10th hole. I birdied this one.

The par-5 12th, where my trouble started.

The par-3 16th hole.

The par-4 18th hole. I think.

I'll come back to this place in the future, I do like the courses. The wind does show up out here though, again it was probably a two-club wind at least some of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment