Sunday, March 26, 2017

To the range!

I decided to stick with my original plan from last week and not play this week. I've been good and taken it easy on the elbow and it does feel much better. I know its still not perfect but it has been holding up to any stress I put on it. The weather is a little better than originally expected and I could play and I admit I'm still tempted to as I type this. However, its a tad cooler out that I'd really like and I really need to practice instead.

So this afternoon I'll head out to the local range and give it a go. The initial couple of shots will be sore, they always are. I'll be more interested in how I feel as I proceed through the bucket and what its like in the morning afterwards. I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll be just fine.

Most likely taking this week to simply practice should be best in the long run for more than just the health of my elbow. I'm not sure playing is all that good of an idea since I'm not too confident I can hit a driver in the fairway at the moment anyway. On all of my shots I feel like I'm hanging too far back or just not getting enough weight to my left side. I can't really explain it here. All I know is that I've suddenly been missing to the right and it tends to get worse the longer the club is.

So, this is what I plan to do in the next couple of weeks, assuming no physical setbacks. I'll practice this afternoon. On Tuesday, either during lunch or in the evening, I'll try it again. We'll follow that up on Thursday as well. Then Saturday I'll find a place to play, this time I'll look to the south toward San Diego or toward the coast around Oceanside or something.

If that goes well, we'll do it again with the Tuesday/Thursday thing before running up to Las Vegas for the weekend. My hope is that I'll discover that my elbow is being managed properly and I'll be able to handle playing on consecutive days. I'm hoping to play 36 holes on that Saturday but I'm wondering if I should play it safe. The more important round is on Sunday and I want to be sure I can handle that without any issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment