Monday, November 29, 2010

November

I found some time to write on the blog again at the same time that I actually thought of taking time to do it, so here I am. Too bad I don't have anything good to say about how poker has gone this month, its been a rough go of it here in the last four weeks. Variance is a bitch, I can say that.

I had a few chances for some really nice scores but as it happens they all either blew up in my face or fell a bit short. I was 3rd in a super-turbo MTT a couple of weeks ago and I have done well in the 54-man super-turbo SNGs I've been playing but outside of that its been rough. I did get some solid time in with playing more tables at one time and I can say I had very little trouble with it. I was surprised how well I was able to still make good decisions despite having 4-6 more tables going. In fact, it was fun to have all that extra stuff going on.

Yesterday did help bring me back a little though I still came up short in a couple things. I was deep in a $44 turbo MTT on Stars and ended up getting 3-outted on the river for the what would have been the chip lead, instead I got 13th for about $250 or so. Still a nice result in a 700+ player field. The other almost wasn't THAT close, but I managed $350 in the Turbo Takedown by finishing 225th out of 18000+ runners. That was a bunch of fun, even with all the folding I had to do, LOL. Its not often I get to push 150K and be considered "short" (if you wanna call 14BBs short, that is.)

I had a couple of very strong volume Saturdays, though both days were stinkers profit-wise. All I know is that I have been playing very well, especially with the quality of my reads on opponent's hand ranges lately. Too bad I've been awful at winning those 80/20 flips recently or we could be talking about a whole lot more. As it is, I keep coming to the conclusion that I have to stick to the process and play the games. I've been down before, I'll be back up again.

Since the upswing can start anytime I'll play in the home game tonight and see if I can get the ball rolling again. At the very worst I'll play the best I can and see where it takes me. Since I'll be off from work for a full week after Christmas, December looks to be a big month for getting some volume in. The more chances I have to do good, the better my chances to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment